A little different this week—preparation for the next Sermon Series on 1 Thessalonians. Read through 1 Thessalonians during the week at your own pace. Read through 2 Thessalonians if you can. Read Acts 17, especially verses 1-8 for background. Answer the following application questions as you read this week.
- What do we learn about Paul’s ministry to the Thessalonians?
- What do we learn about the importance of the local church?
- What are the theological issues dealt with?
- What are the eschatological (i.e. end times) issues dealt with?
- How do we see the central importance of the gospel?
- Paul was encouraged by and concerned by Timothy’s report. What were some examples of both?
- What were the topics on which Paul offered instruction and correction and encouragement?
- Is there any applications for the contemporary church, especially us?!