God’s Picture Book
Understanding Revelation Is Easier Than You Think
We might think that properly reading and interpreting biblical book of Revelation is beyond us. With all of the strange seeming images, we should just leave it to the experts, right?
Dr. Tommy Keene’s answer is a simple, “No!”
The Revelation of John is not an encoded cryptic prophecy or an impossible mystery. It’s a book of pictures—beautiful and powerful pictures.
The pictures in Revelation teach truth, provoke action, evoke emotion, and glorify Jesus Christ.
In this conference we will look at the ordinary tools—tools that you already own—that God has given us to better understand these pictures.
Scroll down for live-stream links to each session.
Rev. Dr. Tommy Keene
Dr. Keene serves as Associate Professor of New Testament and Academic Dean at Reformed Theological Seminary (RTS — Washington D.C. campus). Before his current role, he served as the associate pastor of family ministries at Christ the King (Presbyterian Church in America) in Conshohocken, Pennsylvania.
Keene received his undergraduate degree in Philosophy and Computer Science from Furman University in 2002. He then received his MDiv from Westminster Theological Seminary in Philadelphia in 2005 and went on to earn his Ph.D. in New Testament in 2010, focusing on the tabernacle metaphor in the Epistle to the Hebrews.
Tommy grew up in Dallas, Texas. He met his wife Sarah in college at Furman University, and they have been happily married since 2002. Sarah is an accomplished photographer, and they have two daughters.
Friday April 29, 2022
- 6:30 PM – Registration & Welcome
- 7:30 PM – Session 1: Everything You Need to Know about Revelation Is in the First Six Verses
- 8:45 PM – Desserts / Social Time
Saturday April 30, 2022
- 9:00 PM – Continental Breakfast
- 9:30 AM – Session 2: Revelation Comes with an Answer Key
- 10:45 AM – Break / Refreshments
- 11:15 AM – Session 3: The Lion, the Lamb, and the Scroll
- 12:30 PM – Lunch
Sunday April 25, 2021
- 10:00 AM Worship – Session 4 (RPCB): The Woman, the Dragon, and the Child
- 11:45 AM Q&A Session
- 4:00 PM Worship – Session 4 (CNC): The Woman, the Dragon, and the Child
Child care will be provided on Friday and Saturday for children ages 6 mos. to 6 yrs. For Sunday morning a nursery is provided for infants and toddlers (up to 3 yrs.). Children ages 4 and up join with adults in worship.
$10 per session on Friday & Saturday (no charge for Sunday) for adults (18+) – Free for Children
- 2807 Church Road Bowie, MD 20721