Encounters in Judges with the Father Who Holds When Things Fall Apart
In a world full of discord, injustice, war and strife, seeming to grow more chaotic by the day, where can we turn for hope, healing, and a handle on life? Dr. Seufert believes the answer to all of this is the means God has provided in family as he intended it. And all of this can be found in the book of Judges.
Over this weekend we’ll explore the book of Judges and its insights on this theme of “family matters.” What we’ll see is a picture of ancient Israel in many ways akin to our world today. Yet God does not leave his children in the chaos and disorder they create, but provides a path out through the family, both biological and even more spiritual through faith in Christ.
Come to listen and learn, and to have your chaos reordered by God’s timely word in the gospel of Jesus Christ as it comes to us through the book of Judges.
Scroll down for live-stream links to each session.
Rev. Dr. Michael Seufert
Dr. Michael Seufert and his wife Samantha grew up outside Chicago. After college, Dr. Seufert joined the U.S. Peace Corps and spent three years living in central Ukraine. When he completed his time in the Corps, he moved across country to join his brother at Westminster Seminary California where through his studies and ministry in the local church he sensed a call to pastoral.
After moving to Washington, DC to pursue a PhD in Biblical Studies (Old Testament at the Catholic University of America), he joined the pastoral staff of Wallace Presbyterian Church as pastoral intern and then Assistant Pastor.
Upon completing his PhD studies, Michael received a call to become senior pastor of Mission Orthodox Presbyterian Church in Minneapolis, MN. He and Samantha have been married for over nine years and have three young children (and one on the way).
Friday May 12, 2023
- 6:30 PM – Registration & Welcome with a taco bar
- 7:30 PM – Session 1: Introduction: Why Families? / Of Mothers and Sons: Deborah and Barak; Sisera, (his mother), and Jael (Judges 5) (live stream)
- 8:45 PM – Desserts / Social Time
Saturday May 13, 2023
- 9:00 PM – Continental Breakfast
- 9:30 AM – Session 2: Of Fathers and Sons. Gideon, his father and Abimelech his son (Judges 8:29-9:57) (live stream)
- 10:45 AM – Break / Refreshments
- 11:15 AM – Session 3: Of Fathers and Daughters: Jephthah and his Daughter; a concubine and her father (Judges 11) (live stream)
- 12:30 PM – Lunch
Sunday May 14, 2021
- 10:00 AM Worship – Session 4 (RPCB): Of Husbands and Wives: Othniel and Achsah, Samson and Delilah (Judges 14:1–22) (live stream)
- 11:45 AM Q&A Session
Child care will be provided on Friday and Saturday for children ages 6 mos. to 6 yrs. For Sunday morning a nursery is provided for infants and toddlers (up to 3 yrs.). Children ages 4 and up join with adults in worship.
$10 per session on Friday & Saturday (no charge for Sunday) for adults (18+) – Free for Children
- 2807 Church Road Bowie, MD 20721